After a major overhaul, the Planetarium has a new look.
After reworking and enlargement, the mission is a success:
4,000 square meters present everything you always wanted to know about the universe!
Learning, understanding, asking questions, being amazed and having fun have never been so easy in the 900 square meters of permanent exhibitions, temporary exhibitions and total-immersion astronomy sessions, where you can almost reach out and touch the stars on the dome screen.
There are also scientific workshops where you can build a rocket or launch a satellite. And there’s still more, including France’s leading school of astronomy and regular lectures by astrophysicists.
This project was funded by the City of Vaulx-en-Velin, the French government (ANRU), the Rhône-Alpes region, the Rhône department and Greater Lyon.
Welcome to the Vaulx-en-Velin Planetarium, Version 2.0, your gateway to the universe and the great spatial missions!
AN EXPANDING UNIVERSE
YOUR NEW AREAS :
– The permanent exhibition for an interactive understanding of the history of the universe,
– A temporary exhibition which changes every six months,
– A leisure area with a picnic room for your lunch breaks and relaxation time,
– The new store, with everything for both professionals and amateurs,
– An area for workshops only,
– The panoramic room for your meetings and seminars,
– The Agora room, which can be arranged for conferences, cocktails or meetings,
– And, of course, the immersion room with a 360° dome screen for enjoying the stars.